Canadian Experience Class
Temporary foreign workers and/or foreign students who graduated in Canada, can often make the successful transition to permanent residence. The familiarity with Canadian society and the ability to contribute to the Canadian economy makes this easier. A knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience is a requirement.
To meet the minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class, applicants must:
- plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- be either: a temporary foreign worker with at least one years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
- a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
- have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
- apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada
- include the results of an independent language test (from an agency designated by CIC) with your application
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:
- Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or
- Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
- Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)
Your application will be assessed on two requirements if you apply as a temporary foreign worker:
- your work experience and
- your ability in English or French.
If you apply as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution with Canadian work experience, it will be assessed using the above requirements, as well as:
- your education.
Canadian Experience Class – Updated Ministerial Instructions
The changes to the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) refer to the fact that:
1. The applications must be complete and include all the supporting documents according to the application kit requirements in place at the time the application is received by the designated office;
2. All applications must include the test results from a third-party language testing agency designated by the Minister of Citizenship, including applicants from the English speaking countries like UK & USA; and
3. All principal applicants must have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in at least one of the listed NOCs and not combined partial year experience in multiple NOCs.
Contact us today to see how we can help you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):