Legal Opinions – Corporate
One of the most preliminary issues that most be canvassed when your company has a legal issue regarding facilitating the entry of the foreign worker is timeline. We have enjoyed a great relationship with our corporate clients because we clearly communicate timeline, process involved, cost and likely result. Many of our corporate clients approach us to render legal opinions in advance of the transfer of foreign workers to ensure all facilitation and compliance issues are sorted in advance. Others have requested compliance reviews of current foreign workers to enjoy peace of mind. The legal opinions offer companies an advanced snapshot when immigration legal services need not be rendered on an exigent basis.
Canada is commonly recognized as one of the most desirable countries to work e in the world. Thus, the flow of immigrants to Canada is especially strong. The Government of Canada responds to this flow with and is guided by, the creation of policy objectives. These objectives include demographic goals in Canadian population, efforts to enrich the cultural and ethnic fabric of Canada with a view to its bilingual nature, family reunification and the need to uphold international legal obligations with respect to refugees, to list but a few. Currently, the heavy emphasis has been placed on economic migration.
- These objectives are further defined through the development of immigration regulations. Some of the important regulations read as follows:
- The purpose of the Immigration Act is to permit immigration not prevent its flow
- The policy directives must be interpreted in positive terms
- Applicants have the right to frame their application in a way that maximizes their chances for entry
- The administration of immigration must be consistent with its objectives
- Immigration officers must provide a thorough and fair assessment of applicants and provide adequate reasons for refusals when they occur
The interplay of the Act’s policy objectives and then immigration regulations is a very important dynamic that must always be considered when framing applications or challenging Immigration Canada in court. At Bellissimo Law Group we look to these key factors in rendering legal opinions.