18/01/2018 - Rebecca Kim
Lack of compassion makes IAD decision unreasonable
Canadian Immigration Blog
New Federal Skilled Worker Regulations Anticipated This Summer!
Pre-publication of new Federal Skilled Worker regulations are anticipated to arrive this summer with implementation at the end of 2012.
Anticipated changes include:
- implementation of mandatory minimum language standards. Those not meeting the standard will not be eligible, regardless of overall points on the grid;
- third party equivalency assessments of educational credentials will be required up front, and will replace years of education;
- changes to the grid including:
- changes to the points for age (with more points concentrated for younger applicants);
- allowing more points for language and age;
- allowing more points for Canadian experience;
- simplifying points for AEO (and making the AEO process identical to the LMO process); and
- changing spousal points for adaptability to focus on language rather than education.
The list of occupations will continue to be revised and an announcement is expected in July 2012.