17/08/2017 - Marisa Mastrogiovanni
End off the Summer Right with Canada’s National Exhibition!
Canadian Immigration Blog
Ontario’s Immigration Strategy
Attracting a skilled workforce and growing a stronger economy
- Raise the percentage of economic immigrants to 70% from the current level of 52%
- Increase Ontario’s role in selecting the immigrants who meet our labour market needs.
- Request a doubling of our Provincial Nominee Program from the federal government to 2,000 in 2013, and to 5,000 in 2014.
- Maximize the potential of temporary foreign workers and international students.
Helping newcomers and their families achieve success
- Improve job prospects for non-economic immigrants.
- Provide more resources for employers to recruit and welcome immigrant employees.
- Encourage employers to develop or expand mentorship, internship and on-the-job training programs.
- Achieve five per cent francophone immigration.
Leveraging the global connections of our diverse communities
- Growing a globally-connected economy by increasing the employment rates of highly skilled immigrants in their fields.
- Maximizing the global value of immigrants already here by decreasing their unemployment rate to the provincial average.
- Leveraging global expertise by removing barriers and increasing the number of internationally trained professionals licensed in their professions.