23/08/2017 - Daniela Arevalo
Mario D. Bellissimo named Immigration “Lawyer of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in Canada!
Canadian Immigration Blog
Federal Skilled Worker Program Requirements Announced
The New Federal Skilled Worker program will re-open on May 4th, 2013 and today, Citizenship and Immigration Canada announced the list of 24 occupations that are eligible under this program. Click here to view list. The eligible occupations stream will have an overall cap of 5,000 new applications and sub-caps of 300 applications in each of the 24 occupations on the list.
In addition, the following organizations have been designated to assess foreign educational credentials for applicants who studied outside of Canada.
- Comparative Education Service;
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
- World Education Services;
- Medical Council of Canada.
Federal Skilled Worker program applicants must also meet the new minimum language threshold. The three designated language testing organizations are:
- An FSWP applicant must score at least 4L on the CELPIP-General test in each of the four skills to meet the minimum language threshold.
- A score of 4L on the CELPIP-General test corresponds to CLB 7. A score of 4H corresponds to CLB 8, and a score of 5 or higher corresponds to CLB 9 or higher.
- An FSWP applicant must score at least 6.0 on the IELTS General Training test in each of the four skills to meet the minimum language threshold of CLB 7.
- An FSWP applicant must score at least 206 in reading, 248 in listening, and 309 in both speaking and writing on the TEF to meet the minimum language threshold of NCLC 7.
The program does not open until May 4th but applicants are encouraged to start preparing their application now.
If you would like to apply under the FSWP contact our office today!
For more information on the new FSWP click here