22/01/2018 - Tamara Thomas
Independent and objective evidence of country conditions enough to outweigh credibility concerns?
Canadian Immigration Blog
Yukon Temporary Foreign Worker Pilot Program designed to facilitate the entry of Temporary Foreign Workers
The Yukon Temporary Foreign Worker Annex pilots are in effect as of August 1, 2013. They are industry-specific and designed to facilitate the entry of TFWs to assist with shortages of workers in the territory.
- Labour Market Opinion-exempt Work Permits for Occupations in the Oil, Gas, Mineral Exploration and Mining Industries in Yukon
- Positions for workers at mine and mineral exploration sites, positions in the service and supply sector of this industry.
- LMO-exempt Work Permits for Occupations in the Tourism/Hospitality Industry in Yukon
- Positions will vary across sectors. Tourism and Hospitality in Yukon will include, but is not limited to, such businesses as tour operators, overnight accommodations, dining establishments, seasonal tourist attractions, and tourist transportation.
These pilots will run initially for one year – operating from August 1, 2013, to July 31, 2014. The Government of Yukon, along with the Canada-Yukon Working Group on Temporary Foreign Workers, will monitor and evaluate the program over time to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of its implementation and the overall impact on Yukon’s labour market.
Yukon employers in the Oil, Gas, Mineral Exploration and Mining Industry or the Tourism/Hospitality Industry must apply with the Yukon Government if they wish to participate in these pilot projects.To qualify for the YTFWP, employers
- must be registered and operational in Yukon as a business, industry association or municipal, First Nation or Territorial government;
- must demonstrate to the Yukon government that they cannot find qualified Canadians or permanent residents to fill the position required;
- must be a small- or medium-sized company in the Tourism/Hospitality industry or the Oil, Gas, Mineral Exploration and Mining industry; and
- must be hiring for short-term employment of no less than two (2) and no more than twelve (12) months.
Click here for more information