17/08/2017 - Marisa Mastrogiovanni
End off the Summer Right with Canada’s National Exhibition!
Canadian Immigration Blog
Recent Changes to the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is an economic immigration program operated by the Government of Alberta and Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The program is intended to attract applicants who have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy and enrich the local communities.
The AINP offers options for both skilled and semi-skilled works. The following are different streams and various categories which applicants can apply under:
1. Strategic Recruitment Stream
– Alberta Work Experience Category
– Trade Occupations Category
– Engineering Occupations Category
– Post- Graduate Worker Category
2. Employer-Driven Stream
– Skilled Worker Category
– International Graduate Category
– Semi-Skilled Worker Category
3. Self-Employed Farmer Stream
The province of Alberta recently announced changes to the different streams and categories.
1. Until November 28, 2013, for the Food Services Industry Pilot Project, all employers can apply to nominate up to 20% of their total workforce – per restaurant location.
2. New Category: Strategic Recruitment Stream now includes the Post- Graduate Worker Category. International graduates who are currently working in Alberta may now apply through this new program without an employer supported application.
3. The Alberta Work Experience Category has added new Skilled and Semi-Skilled Occupations. Click here for more information.
4. Employer Driven Stream – This program is now open to the following semi-skilled workers:
– Manager/Supervisors in the Services, Retail and Foodservice industries.
Contact us today to see if you are eligible for the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program.