21/06/2017 - Maria Kogay
Citizenship Bill C-6 Received Royal Assent
Canadian Immigration Blog
2015 CBA NATIONAL IMMIGRATION LAW CONFERENCE – A MUST ATTEND!
The Canadian Bar Association National Immigration Law Section will be holding its annual Professional Development Conference titled: Innovation Nation: Reshaping Policy, Reimagining Practice. This conference will be hosted at the beautiful Shaw Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, on May 7th to 9th, 2015. This name captures the theme and spirit of the conference as the changes to immigration law and policy have been dizzying. With over twenty workshops, as the CBA material notes: this year’s conference will bring you up-to-date and cover the topics you need to know. Some of the topics include, but are not limited to:
- Making Express Entry Work for your Clients
- Navigating the new LMIA landscape
- RAD – new jurisdiction and jurisprudence
- Immigration issues for business owners
- Criminal Equivalency: Critical considerations in conducting criminal equivalency analyses
- Removals – trends and priorities
- Admin Law Refresher
- Legislative and policy changes – Anticipating and staying up to date on legislative amendments and ministerial instructions
- And more!
Key note speakers include:
- The Honourable Chris Alexander, Canada’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
- Mario Dion, the new Chairperson of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB)
- Chris Mathers, former RCMP and a popular media commentator and speaker on organized crime and terrorism
The Conference also offers:
- FRIDAY NIGHT BANQUET: THE INNOVATION NATION SILVER GALA: Together, we will enter the brave new world as we enjoy music spanning the decades, futuristic cocktails, and awards to honour the past, present and future of our Section. All attendees are encouraged to wear black, white and silver. Tickets are still available until Wednesday, April 29th.
- OPENING RECEPTION: Please join us on Thursday, May 7th on the 2nd floor of the Shaw Centre for cocktails and conference pre-registration from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Members of Parliament have been invited.
- A free group tour of Parliament Hill Centre Block has been arranged for 3:30pm on Thursday, May 7th.
It is a must attend event! The conference brings together hundreds of delegates from the judiciary, government stakeholders, and the private bar; this is truly the leading conference in immigration law and policy. I hope to see you there!
For more details in English, please click here.
For more details in French, please click here.