22/11/2017 - Michelle Atkinson
Canada is Expecting a Whole Lot of Snow this Winter!
Canadian Immigration Blog
Linking Paper Applications to Online MyCIC Accounts
The Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offered an option to link paper applications to online MyCIC accounts to make sure applicants will be able to see the most up-to-date information about their applications. As of now, the following applications can be linked to online accounts:
- Visitor visa
- Work permit
- Study permit
- Visitor record
- Canadian Experience Class (applications made before January 1, 2015)
- Family Sponsorship (excluding applications to become a sponsor)
- Federal Skilled Worker (applications made before January 1, 2015)
- Federal Skilled Trade (applications made before January 1, 2015)
- Provincial Nominee Program (applications made before January 1, 2015)
More new types of applications will be available in mid August and mid September 2016.
Starting from 18 August 2016:
- Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker
- Quebec Investors
- Quebec Entrepreneurs
- Self–employed persons (including Quebec)
- Start-up visa
- Caregivers (Caring for people with high medical needs pathway, Caring for children pathway)
Starting from 15 September 2016:
- In-Canada Live-In Caregiver
- In-Canada Protected Persons and Convention Refugees
To link a paper application, an applicant will be required to provide specific information and create MyCIC account. Once an application is linked, an applicant will no longer receive messages from IRCC by mail.
For assistance with your application or immigration matter, please contact us today to schedule a consultation.