How Long Will Our Case Take To Process?
One of the key aspects of our role at Bellissimo Law Group is to manage expectations. Naturally people want to know how long will my Canadian citizenship, immigration or refugee case take to finalize. They often refer to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website for the latest processing times. There are a number of important things to keep in mind when trying to establish how long will my case take to process.
- Depending upon the nature of the case it could take days to several years to finalize. So there is a great range of potential Canadian immigration processing times.
- The processing times posted on the CIC website are general and change frequently and may not necessarily reflect a Canadian citizenship or immigration case with issues particular to your case that may extend standard processing times.
- Processing times begin once your Canadian citizenship or immigration application is filed and received. What you must keep in mind is that depending upon the complexity of your case, how diligent you are in responding to our documentary and factual requests a Canadian immigration or citizenship case can take days to months to prepare before filing.
- At our initial consultations or soon thereafter we attempt to provide as a clear a picture as possible as to (1) cost, (2) likely result, (3) the nature of the Canadian immigration process and (4) how long it will take.
- After we file your Canadian citizenship or immigration case processing times could change depending upon overall inventory in the category in which we applied.