20 Eglinton Ave. West, Toronto ON | Mon-Fri 9:00 - 6:00

This Week’s Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):

Read Mario D. Bellissimo’s Answer:

A.  Thank you for your question.  In regards to keeping the citizenship status, this is not similar with maintaining your residency status, where you cannot be outside Canada more than roughly three years out of five to maintain status. Under the citizenship law, you are free to go and live wherever you want, for as long as you want, and then come back to Canada without losing the status. But, you will have to check with all the other organizations, OHIP included, that provide you with benefits – health and retirement benefits, to see whether they place any restrictions for Canadian citizens living abroad, non-residents in Canada for an indefinite period of time.  Good luck!

Highest Professional Recognition / Featured In