Legal Opinions – Corporate
A preliminary issue that must be carefully analyzed when your company encounters a legal issue while facilitating the entry of a foreign worker is the timeline. Here at BELLISSIMO LAW GROUP PC, our team continues to develop excellent relationships with our corporate clients because we clearly communicate each client’s timeline, the immigration process involved, as well as the cost and likelihood of success. Many of our corporate clients approach us to render legal opinions prior to the transfer of foreign workers to ensure all facilitation and compliance issues are sorted out in advance. Others have requested compliance reviews of current foreign workers to enjoy peace of mind. The legal opinions offer companies an advanced snapshot when immigration legal services need not be rendered on an exigent basis. With the new compliance regime introduced a few years ago by Employment and Social Development Canada, the complexity, scope and potential consequences for both employers and workers have transformed.
Canada is recognized as one of the most desirable countries to work in the world. Thus, the flow of immigrants to Canada is especially strong. In response, the Government of Canada is guided by certain policy objectives. These objectives include demographic goals in Canadian population, efforts to enrich the cultural and ethnic fabric of Canada with a view to its bilingual nature, family reunification and the need to uphold international legal obligations with respect to refugees, to list a few.
Key objectives to keep in mind:
- The purpose of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act is to permit immigration, not prevent its flow
- The policy directives must be interpreted in positive terms
- Applicants have the right to frame their application in a way that maximizes their chances for entry
- The administration of immigration must be consistent with its objectives
- Immigration officers must provide a thorough and fair assessment of applicants and provide adequate reasons for refusals when they occur
At BELLISSIMO LAW GROUP PC, we look to these key factors in rendering legal opinions.