Parent and Grandparent Super Visa
Parent & Grandparent Super Visas allow eligible parents and grandparents to apply and enjoy visiting their family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew status. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (“CIC”) under this program may issue a multiple-entry visa valid for up to 10 years to eligible applicants to facilitate their back and forth travel between their home country and Canada.
To qualify, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- be found admissible to Canada;
- have a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a certain economic threshold;
- prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and
- complete an immigration medical examination.
Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:
- the person’s ties to the home country;
- the purpose of the visit;
- the person’s family and financial situation;
- the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
- an invitation from a Canadian host.
It is important to note that the super visa is still a temporary application.
If you hope to have your parent or grandparent stay in Canada permanently, you will need to submit an application for permanent residence for them.
Contact us today to learn more!