20 Eglinton Ave. West, Toronto ON | Mon-Fri 9:00 - 6:00

Provincial Nominee Programs

The Northwest Territories

Entrepreneur Business Category

  • Invest a minimum of $300,000 CAD into starting or busying a business within Yellowknife or else invest a minimum of $150,000 CAD into starting or buying a business outside Yellowknife area
  • Have a personal net worth of $500,000 CAD if the intended business is in Yellowknife or $250,000 if the intended business is outside Yellowknife
  • Deposit $75,000 CAD in a trust account, to be released upon the completion of a Performance Agreement based on successful performance
  • Demonstrate reasonable communication skills
  • Have a business plan and the experience and education necessary to implement the business plan.

Self-Employed Business

  • Have a profession that is identified as a professional skill shortage;
  • Satisfy any certification or accreditation requirements for the particular profession or occupation;
  • Be licensed/accepted by the body governing the profession, if any;
  • Demonstrate reasonable communication skills appropriate to the NWT;
  • Demonstrate a reasonable knowledge and understanding of the NWT and its economy;
  • Demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources to start and operate the professional practice and to support themselves and any dependents for a period of six months; and,
  • Submit a detailed business plan for the business or practice.

Skilled Worker Category

  • Have a permanent full-time job offer from a qualifying Northwest Territories employer
  • Employer must have obtained a positive LMIA in a NOC 0, A or B occupation
  • Have the required certification or accreditation for the specific trade or occupation
  • Have the ability to conduct basic communications in either English or French
  • Have the required settlement funds
  • Not be a refugee claimant

Critical Impact Worker

  • Have a temporary work permit and have worked in the same position for six months;
  • Employer must have obtained a positive LMIA;
  • Prove sufficient financial settlement funds in the NWT;
  • Have the required work experience for the specific occupation;
  • Be able to conduct basic communications in either English or French, depending on the official language of the work place;
  • Not be a refugee claimant.

Highest Professional Recognition / Featured In