20 Eglinton Ave. West, Toronto ON | Mon-Fri 9:00 - 6:00

Frequently Asked Questions

Mario D. Bellissimo’s Answer:

A.  We receive many questions on permanent resident (PR) card renewals. There are so many people who received their PR card, then return to their country of origin and for one reason or another, they do not meet the required 730 days or two years of physical presence within the last five years. By the time persons want to return to Canada their PR card is expired and they are unable to obtain a travel document from a Canadian visa office to return. In your case you are in a better situation because you are physically in Canada.  If you know for sure that you do not qualify for another PR card (there are exceptions for physical absences so do not make assumptions) you may want to remain in Canada until you qualify. This may mean you cannot travel for a while but as there are exceptions so you should consult counsel.  Thank you for your question.

Highest Professional Recognition / Featured In