20 Eglinton Ave. West, Toronto ON | Mon-Fri 9:00 - 6:00

This Week’s Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

Mario D. Bellissimo’s Answer:

A: The information you have is incorrect.  While it is true that post-graduate work permits cannot be renewed, there are other options available.  If your employer is happy with your work and wants to keep you on then he can help you obtain another work permit. This means your employer applying for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO). If granted, then you can apply for a work permit. Time is short, so you should discuss this option with your employer before giving up all hope.  Good luck!

There are other work permits that are issued for a certain period of time, like Holiday Work Program (HWP) that are usually valid for one year with the option to renew or not for another year. The young people coming to Canada under such visas should look for other options as their home country might have entered into an agreement with Canada for exchange programs that involve other work permits available.  You might want to seek counsel before the current work permit expires, to weigh your options. Good luck!

Highest Professional Recognition / Featured In