May 12, 2016
At Capacity: OOPNP 2016 Caps Met for Select, High-Volume Streams
The Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) offers high-skilled foreign workers and international students an opportunity to permanently live and work in the province. OINP works in partnership with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), previously Citizenship and Immigration Canada, and nominates Candidates for permanent residence. Nominated Candidates will then be eligible to apply for permanent residence through IRCC.
Each year, the total number of nominations permitted by OINP is capped by IRCC. OINP has now met its 2016 cap for its high-volume OINP streams, including:
- Notifications of Interest for OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream (Express Entry) steam effective February 16, 2016
- Employer Pre-screen effective May 9, 2016
- International Student – Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate streams effective May 9, 2016
All applications for Employer Pre-Screen and International Students streams sent after 5:00 p.m. EDT on May 9th, 2016 will not be processed and application packages will be returned to the applicant along with the unprocessed payment.
Currently the remaining eligible categories under the Ontario PNP are:
- International student and Foreign Worker with Job Offer
- Candidates whose job offer has been approved through Employer Pre-screen application can still apply under this stream. These applicants will have 60 days from the date of Pre-Screen approval letter to apply for either of these streams.
- Ontario Express Entry: French-Speaking Skilled Worker
- Candidates for French-Speaking skilled workers who have strong English language abilities and who want to live and work permanently in Ontario can still apply under this stream.
- Corporate Stream
- Established international corporations looking to expand into Ontario or buy an existing business are still eligible to apply under this stream
- Expression of Interest for the Entrepreneur Stream
- Applicants who are looking to implement a new business initiative or buy an existing business in Ontario.
For more information on the Provincial Nominee Program, please click here.