Canadian Experience Class
Temporary foreign workers and/or foreign students who graduated in Canada can often make a successful transition to permanent residence; their familiarity with Canadian society and the ability to contribute to the Canadian economy makes this easier. Knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience is a requirement.
To meet the minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class, applicants must:
- plan to live outside the province of Quebec;
- have one year of full time (or part-time equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you are invited to apply;
- have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work authorization; and
- meet the minimum language requirement.
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:
- TEER 0 (managerial occupations), or
- TEER 1 (professional occupations), or
- TEER 2, 3 (technical occupations and skilled trades)
Your work experience can be in 1 or more of these categories.
Your application will be assessed on two requirements if you apply as a temporary foreign worker:
- your work experience; and
- your ability in English or French.
Canadian Experience Class applications are managed under the Express Entry System. Applicants expressing an interest to immigrate to Canada must complete an online Express Entry profile. Potential applicants who are deemed to have met the eligibility criteria are then entered into a pool with other eligible candidates. If chosen by IRCC, the candidate will receive an Invitation to Apply and will have to submit a full application within 60 days.
What Our Clients Are Saying
[google-reviews-pro place_photo=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipOYbkE8wKL5qSgyEeB9YUdxi2fr4qjHCiKVwTnP=s1600-w300-h300 place_name=”Bellissimo Law Group” place_id=ChIJIWRzuDwzK4gRE0Teon_9Cm4 auto_load=true rating_snippet=true disable_user_link=true view_mode=slider slider_speed=5 slider_count=2 open_link=true hide_float_badge=true lazy_load_img=true]