December 13, 2017
Want to give back this holiday season? Here is a list of volunteer opportunities in Toronto that you must take advantage of!
Thinking of giving back this holiday season? Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community. If you want to ensure that everyone has a gift for the holidays or that the less fortunate get to enjoy a festive meal, take a look at the list below as there are many options available for you to participate in.
1. Daily Food Bank: This organization is very well-known and continues to fight against hunger. There are many opportunities to get involved during the holiday season.
2. The Salvation Army: The East Toronto location is looking for volunteers this holiday season to help out with various tasks, specifically for toy and food room helpers, Christmas food box packers and more.
3. Reena: This is a non-profit organization, as it promotes inclusion for people with disabilities. They are looking for ‘Rec Buddy’ volunteers for their winter break program.
4. Dixon Hall: This organization hosts their Holiday Meals on Wheels program, which happens during the month of December. They are in need of drivers and runners to provide the elderly with hot and nutritious meals.
5. West Neighbourhood House: During the last two weeks of December, they will need volunteer support to deliver meals to people in need.
6. Trek for Teens: Volunteers are encouraged to meet at Yonge and Dundas Square on Saturday, December 16th for caroling and warm beverages. This is in support of raising funds and awareness for homeless youth.
For more information about where to sign up, please click here.