October 3, 2013

Who needs a Canadian Visa?

Posted by Fabiola Arevalo - Bellissimo Law Group PC

Canada is a very attractive destination, welcoming more than 35 million temporary residents each year.

A Canadian visa, known as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), may be required if you are visiting on vacation, planning to study or to work temporarily in the country. You can apply for a single entry or multiple entry TRV at a Canadian Visa office outside of Canada and it will be issued if the officer believes you satisfy the requirements for admission to Canada.

Visitor visas are valid for a maximum of 6 months while student visas are valid for the duration of the program of study and work visas are valid for the duration of the work permit.

You can apply to extend your Canadian Visa if needed by submitting an application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada.

Click here to find out which countries require a Canadian Visa to enter the country.

Click here to learn more about temporary migration.