December 18, 2015

Electronic Travel Authorizations Set to Take Effect Shortly!

Posted by Mario Bellissimo - Bellissimo Law Group PC

Starting in the new year, on March 15, 2016, those flying in to Canada from visa-exempt countries will require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA for short).

Those who have been granted work or study permits on or prior to July 31st, 2015 are included as part of this new rule. The respective individuals will have to apply for an eTA if they are returning to Canada on or after March 15, 2016, via airplane. Those who have been issued a study or work permit on or after August 1, 2015, were automatically issued an eTA.

For more information, please contact us.