June 15, 2018
Father’s Day Activities
Father’s Day is a holiday celebrated annually on the third Sunday of June and this year, it falls on Sunday, June 17th. It is a day that commemorates fatherhood and appreciates all fathers and father-figures (including grandfathers, great-grandfathers, stepfathers, and foster fathers) as well as their contribution to society. If you are looking for activities to try in Toronto for Father’s Day, we have compiled a whole list of ideas for you! A card and a present is nice but making memories is what really counts!
1. Taco Fest: Located at Ontario Place, you will find tacos galore! Taco Fest showcases Toronto’s best chefs with an authentic Mexican twist. Taco Fest will be taking place all weekend!
2. The Beaches Rib Fest: Come for the BBQ, live music and waterfront views. Rib fest is always a good time with family and friends and is very kid friendly – including a children’s area complete with rides!
3. Taste of Little Italy: This festival takes place on College Street, in between Bathurst Street and Shaw Street, also known as Little Italy. This is when all the restaurants expand their property onto the streets and when vendors showcase their special dishes! The weekend is also filled with multicultural entertainment including performances from the Italian, Portuguese and Spanish communities.
4. Danforth’s BIA’s Thrill of the Grill: This is the ninth annual Thrill of the Grill event which means chefs of 10 celebrated businesses will be supplying their customers with their best grilled dishes!
5. Go on a walk/hike: Take a walk or hike with the father figure in your life and take this time to catch up and make memories. There are many places to go on hikes in and around Toronto, such as the Toronto Islands, Scarborough Bluffs, Dundas Peak, Bruce Trail, Rattlesnake Point and many more!
Have an amazing Father’s Day weekend!
For more ideas, click here.