Provincial Nominee Program – Alberta
STRATEGIC RECRUITMENT STREAM
You do not need an employer, you may apply on your own under one of the three categories:
a) Compulsory and Optional Trades
You may qualify if you are a temporary foreign worker and have a valid trade certificate in a compulsory or optional trade in Alberta issued or recognized by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT).
b) Engineering Occupations
You may qualify if you are a temporary foreign worker and have Alberta work experience in an eligible engineering occupation.
c) Post-Graduate Worker
You may qualify, if you have a Post-Graduation Work Permit, are currently working in Alberta, and have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta.
You need an employer to apply under one of the three categories:
a) Skilled Worker Category
You may qualify, if you have been offered a permanent and full-time job by an Alberta employer in an eligible skilled occupation.
- Have accepted a job offer of permanent full-time employment from an Alberta employer
- Be fully qualified for the position and meet all licensing and regulatory requirements
- Provide proof of current status in Canada
b) International Graduate Category
You may qualify if you recently graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada, have a Post-Graduation Work Permit, and have been offered a permanent and full-time job by an Alberta employer in an eligible occupation.
- Completed an educational program of at least two years duration at the undergraduate level or a minimum of one year at the graduate level in Canada
- Have a diploma or degree from a publically funded community college, trade/technical school or university or a private institution
- Worked for the Alberta employer for at least 6 months in a skilled occupation related to their field of study under a post-grad work permit
- Accepted a permanent full time job offer for work
c) Semi-Skilled Worker Category
You may qualify for nomination if you have been offered a permanent and full-time job by an Alberta employer in an eligible semi-skilled occupation, and you are a temporary foreign worker.
Only select key industries and occupations are eligible in this category, and all candidates must meet minimum language standards.
- A high school diploma
- Accepted an offer of permanent full-time employment
- A valid work permit and have been employed for at least six months
- Language Competency (take ESL training in Alberta)
- Meet the requirements for the job
- Not been a refugee claimant or failed refugee claimant in Canada
Eligible Industries for Semi-Skilled Workers
- Food and Beverage Processing Industry
- Hotel and Lodging Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Trucking Industry
- Foodservices Industry (pilot project)
SELF-EMPLOYED FARMER STREAM
You may qualify if you have the financial resources and farm management experience to purchase and establish a farm in Alberta.