fbpx
Specialists in Immigration Litigation & Inadmissability
20 Eglinton Ave. West, Toronto ON
Mon-Fri 9:00 - 6:00
Call 416-787-6505 Toll Free 1-877-787-8850

June 11, 2013

Refugee Protection Division – Performance Highlights

Posted by Fabiola Arevalo - Bellissimo Law Group PC

RPD claims referred to the IRB from December 15, 2012 to April 30, 2013

As of 30 April 2013, average monthly referrals are down 65% to 70% from the average intake over the same reporting period from the past few years. Since the new refugee determination system came into effect on December 15, 2012, there have been a total of 2,933 cases referred to the IRB: 2,688 from non Designated Countries of Origin (DCO) and 245 from Designated Countries of Origin. Click here to view the list of DCOs.

42% of claims were filed at a Port of Entry (POE) while the remaining 58% were filed inland. This represents a slightly higher rate of referrals from POEs, which is historically shown to be a 40:60 ratio, POE to inland.

As of the end of April 2013, 694 total claims were finalized. 52% were accepted, 27% rejected, 10% abandoned and 11% withdrawn.