January 18, 2012

Replacing the Principal Applicant on a Family-Class Application

Posted by admin - Bellissimo Law Group PC

In a situation where the Principal Applicant (PA) on a parent or grandparent application for permanent residence in the Family Class passes away prior to PR being granted, the officer may replace the PA with the accompanying spouse or common-law partner. This only applies if the sponsor makes such a request and the accompanying partner is also eligible to be sponsored as a member of the Family Class. Step-parents and step-grandparents do not apply.

Click here to see how we can help you with your sponsorship application.