June 11, 2012
Skilled Trade Stream
We have learnt that rather than create a different points grid for skilled trades under the Federal Skilled Worker program, CIC has decided to create a seperate program altogether.
Some anticipated features of the program:
- Function on a pass/fail criteria
- To include AEO or provincial certification.
- Mandatory language threshold
- 2 years of work experience as a qualified tradesperson.
- Combination work/education experience as per NOC description
The program is anticipated to launch at the end of the year.
Stay tuned for more details as they become available!