July 16, 2015
Top 5 Scenic Spots to See in Ontario!
The buzz and busy nature of the city can be great, but it is also nice to take a break from it once in a while. To do that, you don’t even have to travel far, as many scenic sites can be found just a car ride away!
So pack your picnic basket, grab your family and friends, and drive up to one of these scenic destinations to escape the city!
1. Scarborough Bluffs: Here, you can lounge on the beach by the cliffs or take a walk through the Scarborough Bluffs trail for a stroll above the shores of Lake Ontario. To find out more, click here.
2. Tobermory/Bruce Peninsula: Take a trip North and bask in the sun as you enjoy all that the Bruce Peninsula has to offer! Click here to read more.
3. Cheltenham Badlands: It’s like a mini Grand Canyon in our very own backyard! Located in Caledon and just a quick drive from Toronto, you can marvel at this geological wonder (it looks a whole lot like the surface of Mars!). Click here for more.
4. Hilton Falls: Sure, Niagara Falls may get all the attention, but the waterfall located in the Halton Falls Conservation Area is a must-see. For more information, click here.
5. Elora Quarry: Clear blue waters surrounded by cliffs are the centre of attention at the Elora Quarry Conservation area. This scenic oasis is perfect for an afternoon swim. Click here for more details!
Head to one (or all) of these locations this summer and enjoy the getaway –no plane tickets needed!